The Tower House, Muriwai Beach
NZD per night
Muriwai Beach, Auckland
#12079 - Muriwai - Bach or holiday home
Listed since November 2010. Shortlisted by 642 members. 47 guest comments.
- 14people (max)
- House has featured in 'NZ Life & Leisure' & 'ArchitectureNZ'. Privately situated on 1 1/4 acres.
- Spacious family home including a 3-storey tower and a piano. Muriwai is renowned for its Regional Park and attracts visitors who value the Natural World..
- The house, at an elevation of 120m commands spectacular views of Woodhill Forest, Muriwai Golf Course, Muriwai Beach, Motutara Is (Gannet Colony), Oaia Is and of the Tasman Sea with Rural views from the top of the Tower.
The Tower House is situated a pleasant downhill walk away from the beach with a choice of the road or bush track for the uphill return. Around the corner is Only Fools and Horses' swimming pool with Horse Hire available a little further on.
Muriwai, on Auckland's unspoilt wild West Coast, 30 minutes from Downtown Auckland and 50 mins from the Airport, is noted for its Gannet Colony, Golf Course, 30-mile surfing Beach and its proximity to adventure activities in Woodhill Forest and to walks and trails for all abilities. There are tennis courts and two cafes and a dairy. Waimauku and Kumeu are noted for their wineries and there are Hot Pools at Helensville.
The Tower House has extensive decks and verandahs allowing outdoor living in all but the very worst storms and with numerous bifold doors the house, in fine weather, can be opened to the elements and to the constant activity of the sky and the sea. The third bathroom is outdoors on the back deck.
The 13th and 14th beds are airbeds, possibly best suited for children: they could be used in the Old Lounge or some of the other rooms.
There is a resident cat. Choose an option when booking: 1 I will feed it 2 Someone else can come in to feed it once a day.
Even the largest groups will find ample off-street parking.
The Tower House has been used for retreats, corporate events and as a film set: please ask for a quote for these. The house is particularly well suited for families and groups of families - children are welcome. A great place to get away from it all not too far from Auckland City.
- Barbecue - Gas
- Bath tub
- Broadband Internet
- Clothes dryer
- Cot available
- DVD player
- Easy access
- Electric blankets
- Mobile coverage - Telecom
- Mobile coverage - Vodafone
- Playstation ®
- Shower (outdoor)
- SKY TV ®
- Special events venue
- Telephone (local calls)
- Toddler safe
- Washing machine
Bedroom 1 - Downstairs1 x Queen bed
Bedroom 2 - Downstairs1 x Single with rollaway bed
Bedroom 3 - Old Lounge1 x Fold-out sofa bed
2 x Mattress/Futon/Air bed
Bedroom 4 - Upstairs1 x Single with rollaway bed
Bedroom 5 - In Tower1 x Double bed
Dressing Room1 x Single bed
Indoor Deck1 x Single bed
Linen: Linen supplied and included with rental.
Cleaning: Cleaning can be provided. Additional charge of $80.00 per stay applies.
Cleaning (Optional, $80.00 per stay) ; Linen (Included) ;
Request a booking
Owner/Manager contact details will be provided by Bookabach once you've made a booking request.
Get 10c/litre fuel discount when you book and stay at this property [More info]
Stay for 7 nights and pay for 6 nights! Not valid for periods where last minute discount applies. Free night applies to lowest priced night.
Members with 7 stars or more get 5% discount on total rental. * Offer not valid in conjunction with any other discounts.
1. Minimum nights may vary on some dates.
2. The minimum charge during School Terms is $460 - we have to pay to stay elsewhere at these times!
3. A cleaning fee is available for those who don't have the time to return the house to an "as found" state.
4. Parties are not permitted unless by prior arrangement.
5. The maximum number of people permitted is the number shown on the rental agreement.
6. The charge for a 'one night only' stay is $650.