Cottage | Bethells Beach | #10417
* Te Aute Ridge Cottage is a beautiful eco-friendly, quiet, secluded and comfortable cottage set in stunning Waitakere native bush.
* North facing, sheltered from prevailing westerly wind, birds abounding.
* 5 minute drive to beautifully rugged Bethells beach, awesome sand dunes, Lake Wainamu, bush and coastal walks.
* Self-service continental breakfast provided.
* Movies, books, board games, sound system.
* Only 35 minutes from central Auckland, yet a world apart.
* Nearby attractions include local vineyards and restaurants, golf courses, Waitakere Scenic Tram ride, Arataki Visitors' Centre.
Special conditions: Surcharge for single night
1 x Double bed
*Pricing may vary depending on the dates you choose and the number of guests. Additional charges (extras) and minimum stay criteria may also apply. Service fees may also apply.
Stayed here? Add a Review
Lovely oasis, if it's peace you want it's the ideal location. Despite the wet weather, it was airtight and warm. The homely touches are much appreciated. No wifi, which is a plus in my books as it's a place for you to connect with yourself and nature. Composting toilet was clean and loved the extra touches e.g. hygiene, smellies, eco solutions. The outdoor shower was a fun experience :)
Our stay was made incredibly special by this quaint Eco-friendly Te Aute Ridge Cottage. It was the perfect spot to celebrate our anniversary. We thoroughly enjoyed the outdoor shower and spent some time laying in bed watching and listening to the birds just outside the open french doors. We played board games and watched DVD's with warm cups of coffee under the blankets. The Waitere ranges provide a beautiful backdrop to walk and explore. We plan to go back every year.
This is a cute bush haven within easy reach of the city. The cottage is rustic but very cosy and nestled right in the bush, with kereru hanging out in the trees above. The outdoor shower is gorgeous and the breakfast supplies are generous and tasty. The composting toilet is outside, so not recommended for those scared of night-time bugs. Stunning Bethells Beach is just down the road - check out the Friday night free live music.