Farmstay | Raetihi | #16945
Retreat to the country on a scenic hill country farm and enjoy the comforts of the recently renovated, 3 bedroom farm cottage.
The warm, sunny house is a great place to come back to after a day on the mountain. Located 40 mins from Turoa Ski Area and 55 mins from Whakapapa Ski Area. 10 minutes from Raetihi and 20 from Ohakune. Enjoy your evenings in front of a roaring log fire, soak in the luxurious claw bath or sip wine on the veranda overlooking the garden alive with native bird life.
By prior arrangement whilst booking you can arrange a tour of the sheep and beef farm. This may involve:
- A motorbike trip to the top of the property (920mtrs above sea level) to admire the amazing vista of the Waimarino Plateau and, on a clear day, stunning views of the three major North Island volcanoes
- A demonstration of the dog team’s skills mustering sheep
- A visit through the ancient 50 metre lime stone cave - in which glow worms are often visible
However the rural setting doesn’t mean you have forego the comforts of home. SKY TV (including SKY Sport and SKY Movies) is available for your enjoyment. There is also prepaid wifi available for purchase.
Other attractions in the area include:
- “The Bridge to Nowhere” tours
- Kayaking and jet boating on the Whanganui River
- The Old Coach Road walk and cycle-way
- Brown and Rainbow trout fishing on the Manganuioteao River
- Golfing at the Waimarino Golf Course
- Hiking the Tongaririo Crossing
- Wall climbing at National Park
Special conditions: Single night bookings can be booked for $200. Please contact us using the enquiry form below.
1 x Queen bed
2 x Single bed
1 x Double bed
2 x Single bed
*Pricing may vary depending on the dates you choose and the number of guests. Additional charges (extras) and minimum stay criteria may also apply. Service fees may also apply.
Stayed here? Add a Review
Kereru Cottage is in a great location, convenient for the Tongariro NP and Whangarei River activities and yet a world away from them! The situation is very peaceful. The cottage is modern, well equipped and is spotlessly clean. We loved the walks on the farm, especially the walk to the highest point where the views were fantastic. We’d love to go back one day if we visit NZ again. Highly recommended. Many thanks to Donna and John who made us feel most welcome.
This property is in an isolated location - really peaceful, beautiful farmland. It is quiet, comfortable and well equipped. There is no phone coverage - quite a bonus! (it does have wifi if you are desperate to contact anyone). John was wonderful, taking our 14 year old grandson for two days work on the farm which he thoroughly enjoyed. Hope we can come again someday.