Bach or holiday home | Little Bay | #24289
• Contemporary style brand-new eco-retreat designed for simplicity and sensation.
• Fully off-grid – all your needs catered for onsite, from rainwater collection, solar power, wood burner and worm-powered waste treatment system.
• Nestled in 10 hectares of protected native bush under conservation covenant.
• Views across Little Bay, northern Coromandel peninsula to Great Barrier Island
• All day sunshine, North facing, 180 degree valley and ocean views.
• Lie in bed and watch the morning light over the water, both double bedrooms have sea views.
• Be amidst the trees with the tuis, woodpigeons, and bellbirds. Hear kaka fly overhead on their route to Mt Moehau.
• Two sandy beaches to choose from in close proximity; enjoy exploring tranquil Little Bay or beach comb the lovely the white sandy Waikawau surf beach.
• Ideally placed to explore & day trip up to the top of the peninsula, west to Port Jackson and north-east to Stony Bay.
• Learn about our off-grid power and waste systems and enjoy greater connection to the natural elements that provide for your comfort during your stay.
Comprehensive, informative & interesting on-site owner notes for those new to the world of solar power & passive energy.
No need to worry about power cuts! And a local Property Manager also nearby to assist should you need.
PDF FAQ on request re: Solar Power usage - what's hot and what's not to use.
Keeping in touch: Vodaphone connection is excellent & Telecom network can be patchy.
There is no TV but you can bring laptop/dvds. Stereo has an SD card & a USB port for music as well as cd/radio.
Petrol & Provisions - no shops out this way. The kitchen pantry is well stocked with basics & set up & equipped for safe-catering. Eco friendly cleaning goods also on site & are preferred. Over the summer season there is a camp store at the DOC Campground - 3 km drive from the bach. Otherwise it's back to Colville Store or Coromandel Town to stock up.
Special conditions: Non-refundable booking/letting fee applies from $30 + gst All credit card payments will incur a transaction fee of 3% *2 night minimum stay **Negotiable cleaning fee applies or visitors to clean & tidy bach on departure. ***Peak rates apply to all public & school holidays Sorry no dogs - this location is zoned Kiwi Conservation.
1 x Double bed
1 x Bunk bed
1 x Double bed
Mates rates: 10% off for members with 3 positive reviews from other Owners/Managers
*Pricing may vary depending on the dates you choose and the number of guests. Additional charges (extras) and minimum stay criteria may also apply. Service fees may also apply.
Stayed here? Add a Review
Superb Bach. Amazing space for a get together with family and friends. Bit of a 'Grand Design' eco stay (completely off-grid and so well thought through that it felt completely easy), with lots of attention to light, warmth and coolness, stunning views and comfort. We enjoyed every moment here in this out of the way location. Little Bay is amazing, as is Otautu Bay on the East coast. Be prepared for some bumpy (but fun!) gravel roads. Loved it here, can't recommend too highly.