Cottage | Mapua (Ruby Bay) | #31130
Estuary Escape is set at the top of a peaceful woody lane, nestled in amongst trees with tui's for company.
The cottage is an ideal space for two and includes an open plan kitchen, dining area and lounge and bedroom with ensuite bathroom.
For fine wining and dining, shopping or eating ice cream and drinking coffee take a leisurely stroll to Mapua Wharf. Or hire a bike and cycle to the delicious Jester Cafe.
Another 2 minute leisurely stroll will take you down the Langford Drive walkway down to the estuary or perhaps to Grossi Point for some swimming, boating or kayaking.
We are in the house next door so we are on hand for advice on where to go as Estuary Escape is a great place to explore the Tasman region.
We offer weekly/monthly rates - please contact us for more information.
Within a 5 minute stroll is:
• The Mapua Wharf with lovely shops and galleries, delicious restaurants and fish and chips, an awesome craft brewery and waterfront views.
• The Mapua Ferry to catch a ride over to Rabbit Island, either walking or biking.
• Grossi Point Reserve - a wonderful spot for a picnic or swimming.
Within a bike ride or a drive:
• The Great Taste Cycling Trails of Tasman with cycle hire shops situated down at the Wharf.
• Local wineries and craft breweries in and around the Tasman area
• Abel Tasman National Park for kayaking and/or tramping
• Kayaking, tramping or skiing (in winter) in the alpine region of St Arnaud
• Nelson or Motueka markets for local crafts and foods
• Great tramping and birdlife in Kahurangi National Park
• A walk along the Ruby Bay coastline
• Kayaking down the Buller River
• 15 minutes drive to Motueka.
• 30 minutes drive to Nelson town centre.
• 25 minutes drive to Nelson airport
• 45 minutes drive to Marahau - the start of the Abel Tasman National Park
• 35 minutes to Kaiteriteri
• 1 hr 30 to Takaka and Golden Bay
• 2 hours to Rainbow Mountain ski fields and St Arnaud
Our neighbour has chickens who are free to roam around our property.
Extras: Linen (included); NOTE: Under Kiwi bach tradition you are expected to: Clean the house and do the dishes before you leave;
1 x Queen bed
*Pricing may vary depending on the dates you choose and the number of guests. Additional charges (extras) and minimum stay criteria may also apply. Service fees may also apply.
Stayed here? Add a Review
We spent 7 wonderful days in Mapua with Estuary Escape as our home away from home. Very private location only a few minutes walk from the Mapua Wharf restaurants, cafes and shops. The unit is very well appointed with everything we needed for our stay. Would love to stay at this property again.
Lucy has been a wonderful host - she responded to all questions promptly, directions for getting to the place were clear, the cottage is clean and very well put together. I'd love to stay here again if I visit and would highly recommend this place!
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Loved the location..everything within walking distance. Very comfortable, relaxing and private..enjoyed being able to sit/eat outdoors, had everything we needed! Definitely stay again and recommend to friends! Sorry we missed meeting you, Lucy...next time!
Book securely in just two minutes