Cottage | Mapua (Ruby Bay) | #31130
Estuary Escape is set at the top of a peaceful woody lane, nestled in amongst trees with tui's for company.
The cottage is an ideal space for two and includes an open plan kitchen, dining area and lounge and bedroom with ensuite bathroom.
For fine wining and dining, shopping or eating ice cream and drinking coffee take a leisurely stroll to Mapua Wharf. Or hire a bike and cycle to the delicious Jester Cafe.
Another 2 minute leisurely stroll will take you down the Langford Drive walkway down to the estuary or perhaps to Grossi Point for some swimming, boating or kayaking.
We are in the house next door so we are on hand for advice on where to go as Estuary Escape is a great place to explore the Tasman region.
We offer weekly/monthly rates - please contact us for more information.
Within a 5 minute stroll is:
• The Mapua Wharf with lovely shops and galleries, delicious restaurants and fish and chips, an awesome craft brewery and waterfront views.
• The Mapua Ferry to catch a ride over to Rabbit Island, either walking or biking.
• Grossi Point Reserve - a wonderful spot for a picnic or swimming.
Within a bike ride or a drive:
• The Great Taste Cycling Trails of Tasman with cycle hire shops situated down at the Wharf.
• Local wineries and craft breweries in and around the Tasman area
• Abel Tasman National Park for kayaking and/or tramping
• Kayaking, tramping or skiing (in winter) in the alpine region of St Arnaud
• Nelson or Motueka markets for local crafts and foods
• Great tramping and birdlife in Kahurangi National Park
• A walk along the Ruby Bay coastline
• Kayaking down the Buller River
• 15 minutes drive to Motueka.
• 30 minutes drive to Nelson town centre.
• 25 minutes drive to Nelson airport
• 45 minutes drive to Marahau - the start of the Abel Tasman National Park
• 35 minutes to Kaiteriteri
• 1 hr 30 to Takaka and Golden Bay
• 2 hours to Rainbow Mountain ski fields and St Arnaud
Special conditions: Our neighbour has chickens who are free to roam around our property.
Bedroom with bathroom next door
1 x Queen bed
AA Smartfuel: Get 10c/litre fuel discount when you book and stay at this property for TWO nights or more [More info]
|Rate period||Week day||Weekend/Holiday|
Flat rate tariff
24-Nov-17 to 31-Dec-17
01-Jan-18 to 28-Feb-18
Flat rate tariff
01-Mar-18 to 31-May-18
01-Jun-18 to 30-Sep-18
Flat rate tariff
01-Oct-18 to 31-Dec-18
01-Jan-19 to 24-Feb-19
*Pricing may vary depending on the dates you choose and the number of guests. Additional charges (extras) and minimum stay criteria may also apply. Service fees may also apply.
Stayed here? Add a Review
This is a lovely roomy cottage that has more than enough room for a couple for longer stays. It has been well designed with huge windows from kitchen area looking down a wooded drive. There is an under cover deck for outside dining. The property is warm and furnished invitingly. Best of all is the location. It us only a short walk to the Mapua wharf and beautifully situated for wineries, fishing, kaiteriteri and everything this area has to offer. Will stay again !!!
We loved our time at Lucy and Rod's beautiful cottage. The house has everything any guest could possibly need, it is beautifully furnished and decorated and we loved all the little welcome touches scattered around the cottage. We would highly recommend Estuary Escape to anyone and are looking forward to a return trip!