Farmstay | Hokitika | #31402
Enjoy a real farm experience only 10mins from town. Sheep, pigs, cows and goats to see.
The house sits on top of a ridge overlooking native bush and farmland with views of the Tasman Sea in the distance. The property is a 75 acre farm close to town.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN YOUR STAY
* You are able to visit the animals any time. Feed the sheep.
* Basic breakfast of home made cereal, yoghurt/milk, honey and jam - all from our farm.
* Tea and plunger coffee making facilities in your room
* Plenty of helpful tips and advice about activities and where to eat out
* Comfortable beds and pillows
* Huge, family or large group, sized room
* Small refrigerator in your room
* Free wifi
* TV and DVD player (no cable TV)
* Private bathroom with shower and bath. (May be shared in peak tourist season).
* Plenty of reading material about the West Coast
* A warm, relaxing and friendly environment
* Great memories
EXTRAS ON REQUEST
* Outdoor fire can be set and lit for you
* Small amounts of laundry can done by me for stays of 2 days or more
* Toys and books for children
* Our house is completely off-grid. All our power comes from a solar panel array. All our water is rainwater collected from the roof. Many of the features in the house are from building recyclers.
As we are off-grid, we must be careful with our power. We do not have a microwave, dishwasher, dryer or air conditioning. Cellphone coverage is patchy.
Easy drive to Punakaiki, Franz Joseph, Hokitika Gorge and Lake Kaniere. 5mins to the beach and river, 10mins to town.
*Make yourself at home - we look forward to meeting you!
* Please note your bedroom is upstairs
*Please tell us what time you are arriving eg. between 5-6pm.
PLEASE TELL US ABOUT YOURSELVES WHEN YOU BOOK AS YOU WILL BE IN OUR HOME NOT A HOTEL.
THREE NIGHT MAXIMUM STAY.
Check in after 4pm. Check out by 10am
Smoking outside only.
Please note the bedroom is upstairs so toddlers will need to be supervised.
The power shed is off limits for saf...
1 x Cot
1 x Queen bed
3 x Single bed
*Pricing may vary depending on the dates you choose and the number of guests. Additional charges (extras) and minimum stay criteria may also apply. Service fees may also apply.
Stayed here? Add a Review
Michelle and Garth's farm is very remote and quiet but only a short drive away from Hokitika. Adorable farm animals, lovely big room, scrumptious homemade breakfast and clean bathroom. Definitely visit the Glow Worm Dell after dark on SH6 and enjoy a meal at the Beachfront Hotel Oceanview restaurant.
Book securely in just two minutes