Farmstay | Hokitika | #31402
The house sits on top of a ridge overlooking native bush and farmland with views of the Tasman Sea in the distance. The property is a 75 acre farm with sheep, cattle, pigs, goats and birds.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN YOUR STAY
* Free farm tour. Feed and pet the animals
* Basic breakfast of cereal, yoghurt/milk, honey & jam
* Tea & plunger coffee making facilities in your room
* Plenty of helpful tips and advice about activities and where to eat out
* Comfortable beds & pillows
* Huge, family or large group, sized room
* Small refrigerator in your room
* Free wifi
* TV and DVD player (no cable TV)
* Private bathroom with shower & bath. Fresh towels (May be shared in peak tourist season).
* Plenty of reading material about the West Coast
* A warm, relaxing and friendly environment
* Great memories
EXTRAS ON REQUEST
* Outdoor fire can be set & lit for you
* Small amounts of laundry can done by me for stays of 2 days or more
* Toys & books for children
--Sadly due to the behaviour of previous guests the kitchen is not available for use. ---
* Our house is completely off-grid. All our power comes from a solar panel array. All our water is rainwater collected from the roof. Many of the features in the house are from building recyclers.
As we are off-grid, we must be careful with our power. We do not have a microwave, dishwasher, dryer or air conditioning. Cellphone coverage is patchy.
Easy drive to Punakaiki, Franz Joseph, Hokitika Gorge & Lake Kaniere. 5mins to the beach & river, 10mins to town.
*Make yourself at home - we look forward to meeting you!
* Please note your bedroom is upstairs
*Please tell us what time you are arriving eg. between 5-6pm.
PLEASE TELL US ABOUT YOURSELVES WHEN YOU BOOK AS YOU WILL BE IN OUR HOME NOT A HOTEL.
_____Check in after 3pm. Check out by 10am.__
Special conditions: THREE NIGHT MAXIMUM STAY. Check in 4pm. Check out by 10am Smoking outside only. Please note the bedroom is upstairs so toddlers will need to be supervised. The power shed is off limits for safety reasons. Please close all farm gates you go through. There is cellphone coverage but it is patchy. In summer water is sometimes in short supply so we may need to be careful with water use. Laundry can be done by arrangement. Clothes are hung to dry.
1 x Bunk bed
1 x Queen bed
1 x Roll-away bed
2 x Single bed
Gifts & giveaways: Free guided farm tour. Get up close and feed the animals.
Gifts & giveaways: Free simple breakfast of muesli, yoghurt/milk fruit, tea and coffee.
|Rate period||Week day||Weekend/Holiday|
Flat rate tariff
11-Dec-16 to 11-Jun-17
|For up to 2 people. Extra occupants: Adults: $25/night; Children: $25/night;|
*Pricing may vary depending on the dates you choose and the number of guests. Additional charges (extras) and minimum stay criteria may also apply. Bookings paid for through Bookabach online payments incur a 3% credit card transaction fee.
Stayed here? Add a Review
Really lovely house, lots of cool quirky things to look at. The bathroom has a lovely claw-foot bath! The bedroom is huge, easily big enough for all 4 of us. Really interesting ornaments and souvenirs, all set out on upcycled shelves, eclectic mix of furniture and vintage bits and pieces. Super-comfortable beds, toys and books for the kids, homemade muesli and yoghurt from the farm. fresh fruit and Havana coffee all in the room! Perfect distance from Hokitika.. easy drive to town for dinner.