Bach or holiday home | Rotorua Township | #32616
Come and enjoy a lakeside slice of heaven!
The handy location on the eastern shores of Lake Rotorua is perfect for any type of holiday, whatever your pace:
- relax in the sun-soaked window seats with a beautiful view of the lake
- swim and play in the clean, shallow waters of Lake Rotorua, literally a stone's throw from the front door
- refuel and unwind after a fun-filled day exploring some of the world's best mountain biking trails and walking tracks.
For families with young children, the property is fully fenced and the house is stocked with essentials (high chair, changing table, baby bath, safety latches for cupboards/drawers). There are kid-friendly books and games, a tricycle and scooter (but BYO helmets) and a child-size kayak and several lifejackets. The big Hannahs Bay playground, a steam engine museum, and a covered and heated swimming pool are close by.
For couples, we highly recommend getting a massage, spa treatment and/or dining at the Waiora Resort, less than 100m away.
For active types, we have kayaks and a variety of outdoor games. The secure garage has ample space for storing bikes and other sporting gear, and the custom-made bike wash and repair stand makes it easy to clean and tend to MTBs.
The kitchen is fully equipped with everything you need to make your own meals, and the gas BBQ is great for grilling up a feed. Alternatively, there's a wide range of dining and takeaway options within 5-10 minutes drive.
There's a wood burner and heaters to stay warm in winter, and plenty of fans (ceiling, wall-mounted and standing fans) to keep you cool in summer.
Useful amenities include a hairdryer, iron, ironing board, washing machine and drying rack.
There's no TV, but there's unlimited WiFi, board games, jigsaw puzzles and books.
Only 10 minutes drive to Rotorua CBD and only 7 minutes to the Redwoods entrance to Whakarewarewa forest
- We provide pilows, duvets and blankets, but the nightly price does not include linens (bed sheets, pillow cases, bath towels, flannels and bath mat). You can BYO, or rent linens for an additional $15/person. Let us know if you need to rent them.
- This is a residential area. No parties, and please be considerate of the neighbours, especially after 10pm as noise carries easily.
- Pets allowed with prior approval.
- Property may not be suitable for escape artist dogs, big or small (i.e. fence has 10-15 cm gaps between rails and is approx 3 feet high in lower spots).
1 x Queen bed
1 x Double bed
1 x Single bed
1 x Fold-out sofa bed
*Pricing may vary depending on the dates you choose and the number of guests. Additional charges (extras) and minimum stay criteria may also apply. Service fees may also apply.
Stayed here? Add a Review
The bach is an absolutely lovely place to stay - super clean! The views are incredible and the rustic feel of the bach contributes greatly to the all-over nature of New Zealand. We felt like we had our own private beach. The location is convenient to all the activities. We were able to fit in the gondola with lunch at the top, Hell's Gate and the Redwoods all in one day! .
We recently spent the weekend here and it was absolutely brilliant. Great spot for our family and the dog Very well appointed with everything we needed. Great hosts who were very accommodating and helpful with our coupe of queries and requests. Highly recommended and we will definitely want to go back
Great little bach in a perfect spot by the lake. Had everything we needed. We’ll definitely be back!
Wonderful stay thanks Patric and Sarah! Bach is very well equipt. Great child friendly property. Highly recommend.
Book securely in just two minutes