Bach or holiday home | Owhango | #36195
Enjoy some quality time-out in this beautiful and cosy lodge or choose from the endless number of activities:
*Go skiing at the Whakapapa ski field or visit the beautiful Chateau for some "high tea" or Sunday carvery.
*Go biking on the Timber Trail, the 42 Traverse, Fishers Track etc. Bikes can be hired in National Park or Taumarunui. Transport to the Timber Trail can be arranged.
* Tongariro National Park is only half an hour away, do the Tongariro Crossing, there are numerous other local walking tracks.
* Walking distance to the Whakapapa and Wanganui rivers, fly fishing paradise. Local guide and tons of knowledge available.
* Go canoeing or kayaking on the Wanganui river, very experienced Taumarunui operators. Alternatively have a white water rafting adventure with Tongariro River Rafting or go in a jet boat to the Bridge to Nowhere or the Lavender Farm.
* Visit National Park village where you can go rock climbing, have a scenic flight and a choice of excellent restaurants.
* The Tokaanu hot pools are 45 minutes drive away. While you're there spoil yourself and go to the Lake Land House for some divine food while looking out over beautiful Lake Taupo.
* Kakahi is a tiny rural village, away from the beaten track, away from any through fare. Still there is some quality time to be spent here. Visit local artist Mike Walsh, admire his awesome carvings which are for sale, treat yourself to some truly unique art. Visit the general store where you can find everything. After dark go for a walk through the Te Rena cutting and let yourself be spell bound by the glow worms, it's like a magical fairy tale.
* This property has equestrian facilities. There is an option to bring your horse(s), please inquire.
* Some basic food items are available. I can supply you with home made bread, jams, goat's milk (depending on the season), goat's yogurt (depending on the season), seasonal fruit and vegetables, meats and sausages. Some other items can be available, please ask.
Special conditions: A refundable security deposit of $200 per booking applies. Any guest who confirms a reservation will be responsible for damages up to this amount. No charges or authorisations will be made unless the property owner makes a claim within 48 hours after check out.
1 x Double bed
Multi-night stay: Get 1 FREE night when you stay for 5 nights or longer. Not valid for periods where a last minute discount applies. Free night applies to lowest priced night.
|Rate period||Week day||Weekend/Holiday|
08-Dec-16 to 06-Feb-17
07-Feb-17 to 30-Apr-17
01-May-17 to 01-Nov-17
02-Nov-17 to 08-Mar-18
*Pricing may vary depending on the dates you choose and the number of guests. Additional charges (extras) and minimum stay criteria may also apply. Bookings paid for through Bookabach online payments incur a 3% credit card transaction fee.
Stayed here? Add a Review
Wow, what a wonderful place! Absolutely lovely. Really impressed with the cottage and all of the nice finishing touches of this new place. Loved the baby goats and mama goats close by, so sweet and my pups absolutely loved being nose to nose with them. So cute! Highly recommend this place, we will stay here again and again. :)