Bach or holiday home | Owhango | #36195
Enjoy some quality time-out in this beautiful and cosy lodge or choose from the endless number of activities:
*Go skiing at the Whakapapa ski field or visit the beautiful Chateau for some "high tea" or Sunday carvery.
*Go biking on the Timber Trail, the 42 Traverse, Fishers Track etc. Bikes can be hired in National Park or Taumarunui. Transport to the Timber Trail can be arranged.
* Tongariro National Park is only half an hour away, do the Tongariro Crossing, there are numerous other local walking tracks.
* Walking distance to the Whakapapa and Wanganui rivers, fly fishing paradise. Local guide and tons of knowledge available.
* Go canoeing or kayaking on the Wanganui river, very experienced Taumarunui operators. Alternatively have a white water rafting adventure with Tongariro River Rafting or go in a jet boat to the Bridge to Nowhere or the Lavender Farm.
* Visit National Park village where you can go rock climbing, have a scenic flight and a choice of excellent restaurants.
* The Tokaanu hot pools are 45 minutes drive away. While you're there spoil yourself and go to the Lake Land House for some divine food while looking out over beautiful Lake Taupo.
* Kakahi is a tiny rural village, away from the beaten track, away from any through fare. Still there is some quality time to be spent here. Visit local artist Mike Walsh, admire his awesome carvings which are for sale, treat yourself to some truly unique art. Visit the general store where you can find everything. After dark go for a walk through the Te Rena cutting and let yourself be spell bound by the glow worms, it's like a magical fairy tale.
Special conditions: Smoking outside only. Pets are welcome after previous arrangement. A refundable security deposit of $200 per booking might apply.
1 x Double bed
|Rate period||Week day||Weekend/Holiday|
25-Nov-17 to 30-Nov-17
01-Dec-17 to 11-Feb-18
12-Feb-18 to 25-Nov-18
*Pricing may vary depending on the dates you choose and the number of guests. Additional charges (extras) and minimum stay criteria may also apply. Service fees may also apply.
Stayed here? Add a Review
5 stars plus, you have to be there to describe how much passion and love Carin has put together in this house. Every detail has been looked after. Great location for both winter (very short drive to Ruapehu) and looking forward to visiting the house during summer. Baby goats are awesome and very friendly. The house is really warm with superb decoration and a very efficient fireplace.
My partner, our dog and I stayed for a week at Carin's Kereru Lodge, and I can't recommend it enough. The lodge is beautifully appointed, comfortable and peaceful - everything you need for a relaxed getaway. The fire was roaring away when we arrived, which was so appreciated, and we found it super easy with Kakahi's central location. Thanks so much for having us.