Bach or holiday home | Owhango | #36195
Enjoy some quality time-out in this beautiful and cosy lodge or choose from the endless number of activities:
*Go skiing at the Whakapapa ski field or visit the beautiful Chateau for some "high tea" or Sunday carvery.
*Go biking on the Timber Trail, the 42 Traverse, Fishers Track etc. Bikes can be hired in National Park or Taumarunui. Transport to the Timber Trail can be arranged.
* Tongariro National Park is only half an hour away, do the Tongariro Crossing, there are numerous other local walking tracks.
* Walking distance to the Whakapapa and Wanganui rivers, fly fishing paradise. Local guide and tons of knowledge available.
* Go canoeing or kayaking on the Wanganui river, very experienced Taumarunui operators. Alternatively have a white water rafting adventure with Tongariro River Rafting or go in a jet boat to the Bridge to Nowhere or the Lavender Farm.
* Visit National Park village where you can go rock climbing, have a scenic flight and a choice of excellent restaurants.
* The Tokaanu hot pools are 45 minutes drive away. While you're there spoil yourself and go to the Lake Land House for some divine food while looking out over beautiful Lake Taupo.
* Kakahi is a tiny rural village, away from the beaten track, away from any through fare. Still there is some quality time to be spent here. Visit local artist Mike Walsh, admire his awesome carvings which are for sale, treat yourself to some truly unique art. Visit the general store where you can find everything. After dark go for a walk through the Te Rena cutting and let yourself be spell bound by the glow worms, it's like a magical fairy tale.
Special conditions: Smoking outside only. Pets are welcome after previous arrangement. A refundable security deposit of $200 per booking might apply.
1 x Double bed
Last minute bookings: 20% off for stays over the next 7 nights
*Pricing may vary depending on the dates you choose and the number of guests. Additional charges (extras) and minimum stay criteria may also apply. Service fees may also apply.
Stayed here? Add a Review
This cabin is amazing. So warm. nice place for two to get away and have some alone time. Forget the outside world and just relax. It is in the heart of rural New Zealand, where there is so much to do in the National Park. But sometimes it is nice just to de-clutter your head with quietness. I think this is the perfect place to come and just relax.
Carin Bach is wonderful. Lovely situated with a on her farmland with a beautiful garden area. The Bach itself is absolutely Cody, warm and comfortable, with a lovely lounge a perfect and modern equipped kitchen a very good and modern fireplace. It is very, very clean and we loved it there very much. We hope that we have the chance to come back.
Lovely place far removed from the busy towns. Accomodation is clean, the kitchen is well stocked with everything you need and there is a fire place if it gets cold. There is no wifi but there is cell phone signal. The property is very private with only curious Patrick (the dog) wandering around. We were able to enjoy a picnic up on the hill with a view of the rolling countryside. Really great place to stay.
A gorgeous farm cottage. Very tidy. A lovely, quiet, peaceful and relaxing location with very friendly farm animals (horses, dogs, cats, pig) at your door. Well setup. Note there is no TV. Internet (including WiFi) / phone connections are marginal. It didn't bother us, but it might others. No washer / dryer. Not a problem. Just something to be aware of if staying for more than a few days.