Bach or holiday home | Aotea | #5690
(1) Large covered entertaining deck with outdoor table/chairs, beanbags, infared heater and PVC blind to block out the weather if required. Add in the view and it doesn't get much better than this.
(2) Private back deck with choice of Gas BBQ, Weber Charcoal BBQ and Smoker (Bring own fuel)
(3) Pet friendly with fenced outdoor area.
(4) Plenty of fridge/freezer space - double door unit with built in ice maker/chilled water.
(5) Hifi/Bluray with plenty of CD's.
(6) Surfcasters so you can fish over the road while relaxing on the deck.
The bach is located in Aotea Village, with great views of the harbour. There is a sand boat ramp (4wd) for launching boats. Gaze across at the huge sand dunes and middens of the Aotea Scientific Reserve, swim in the safe harbour, fish for snapper, trevally and kahawai, or spear flounder in the harbour, walk/drive along the beach to the West Coast, you will normally have the beach to yourself. Take a horse ride with the local operator. Visit Hot Water beach (Te Puia Springs) at low tide, dig a hole and soak in your own thermal pool. Kawhia with its shops, cafes, and pub are only about a 10 minute drive away.
There is no land line or cell phone coverage at the bach, so is just perfect for relaxing, but If you feel the need to make/receive a call/TXT, coverage for both Vodafone and Telecom networks is available at the boatramp. (coverage has improved a bit - can normally send & rec TXTs)
Note: Bathroom/Toilet is located outside. The bathroom is adjacent to the back door on back deck.
(1) Make enquiry via Bookabach
(2) Questions/queries answered & availability confirmed
(3) Commitment to stay from renter.
(4) Booking accepted by owner
(5) Bach Guide and Booking statement with deposit request provided.
(6) Deposit paid
(7) Booking confirmed.
(8) Balance paid
Special conditions: Smoking allowed outside only. Guests need to provide own linen including towels, tea towels, pillow slips, sheets etc. (Pillows, Blankets and Duvets provided).
1 x Queen bed
1 x Queen bed
Last minute bookings: 15% off for stays over the next 7 nights
Multi-night stay: Get 1 FREE night when you stay for 6 nights or longer. Not valid for periods where a last minute discount applies. Free night applies to lowest priced night. Excludes public holidays.
|Rate period||Week day||Weekend/Holiday|
20-Jan-17 to 18-Feb-17
|7 night minimum stay|
19-Feb-17 to 31-Dec-17
|2 night minimum stay|
*Pricing may vary depending on the dates you choose and the number of guests. Additional charges (extras) and minimum stay criteria may also apply. Bookings paid for through Bookabach online payments incur a 3% credit card transaction fee.
Stayed here? Add a Review
We have stayed in Aotea before and LOVE the location. It is so quiet and relaxed, it is just the ticket. I found the property to be just what we wanted. It has a LOVELY big deck that has a fabulous heater for the cooler nights. Being covered it did not matter when we got a little rain. Kitchen was well equipped, large shower/laundry. Plenty of cellphone coverage on the deck. I would definitely go back again.
Great bach, across the road from the estuary. Unfortunately the weather was wet and windy so we didn't get to try the fishing, but the outdoor deck with the plastic roll down on one end was great (and the heater). Had everything we needed in the bach. Definitely recommend to others and hope to come back in the summer