Bach or holiday home | Whitianga | #5963
Beachfront with great sea views. This villa, with all day sun, is in the best location within this modern well laid-out complex with heated swimming pool and spa.
A few steps to a very safe beach – swim, launch the boat, kayak, windsurf. Or if you are feeling more adventurous this a great spot to base yourself; there are many other things to do within just a 30 minute drive.
An easy walk to Whitianga township or a short drive.
Two bedrooms sleep four comfortably. Quality furnishings.
An easy walk or short drive to Whitianga township for a good coffee or meal out. Great spot, stunning outlook.
Things you might like to do during your stay at La Plage:
* Catch the ferry across to Front Beach (a lovely sandy beach) and stop at Cooks Cafe (Ferry Landing) for a whitebait fritter.
* Dig a hot pool at Hot Water Beach (at low tide) and while there visit Moko Artspace (24 Pye Place).
* Visit a local cafe.
* Go on a sea kayak tour with Cathedral Cove Kayak Tours (0800 529 258) from Hahei Beach to Cathedral Cove.
* Visit the hot pools at the Lost Spring (121A Cook Drive) and have a spa treatment while there.
* Do a charter fishing trip and catch your own dinner.
* Grab takeaway fish and chips.
* Visit some of the beautiful beaches slightly further north: Wharekaho - Simpsons Beach (good for boogie boarding and just a 2 minute drive over the hill); Otama or Opito Bay (and afterwards stop at Luke’s Kitchen in Kuaotunu for pizza or grab an ice cream from the Kuaotunu Store); New Chum’s beach (a 30-40 minute walk from Whangapoua – in 2006 was reported to be in the top 20 beaches of the world)
High season rates apply for Easter and Scallop Festival.
Extras: Cleaning (Required, NZ$60.00 per stay); Linen (included);
1 x King bed
1 x Narrow single bed
2 x Single bed
*Pricing may vary depending on the dates you choose and the number of guests. Additional charges (extras) and minimum stay criteria may also apply. Service fees may also apply.
Stayed here? Add a Review
Lovely place, bright and sunny, across the street from a beach. It wasn't the best beach we saw in New Zealand (most were stunning!) but still beautiful, swimable, lovely to walk along and look at from the home. Very central location. Home is nicely furnished and decorated, just a pleasure to stay at. Only used the pool once, small but functional, as the weather was perfect for beach time! Would highly recommend for a Coromandel vacation!
A smart, well-equipped property on a small development right across the road from the beach, with fabulous views across the bay. We enjoyed strolling along the beach front to Whitianga town (took a while with 2 young kids though ) and made use of the shared lap pool and spa. It was a great base from which to explore all the sites of the Coromandel by car - Hotwater Beach, Cathedral Cove, Otama and Opito Bay and the unique WaterWorks Park - also loved Luke’s Kitchen in nearby Kuaotunu for dinner.
Book securely in just two minutes