Cottage | Otaki | #17341
Come and stay in our Historic Stables. Located at the back of Talisman Nursery in a tranquil setting amongst mature trees.
Built, in the early 1920's with locally made bricks. It was used to house draught horses and equipment, as part of the Mangahao – Haywards power reticulation scheme. The Stables were converted into a beautiful cottage during the late 1980’s with the renovation work being done by a conservation architect.
The Stables sleep up to 3 adults, but is ideal as a nice cosy retreat for a couple. Spend a weekend relaxing and re-energising in our self catering Stables. Enjoy walks in the nearby Otaki Forks, or along the beautiful Kapiti Beaches. Other local attractions include; Otaki’s many outlet stores, local restaurants and cafes, the Otaki Maori Racecourse and Otaki Golf Club.
Alternatively combine a relaxing stay with garden planning. Bring your garden plans and ideas and receive a free consultation with Stephen. View our mature native plants in our arboretum and our wide selection of plants for sale. See our website for a plant list.
- $30 surcharge for single night stays.
- Minimum 2 nights stay for long weekends and between 15th Dec to 31st Jan
- Weekend rate applies to Eve of all public holidays
- Single bed made upon request
- NO SMOKING inside or anywhere on the property
- NO Pets
- NOT SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN.
- There is no TV reception at the Stables. A DVD player and some DVDs are provided.
- Phone coverage usually 2-3 bars for most providers.
- If you do not get a reply to your booking request within 2 days please either re-request the dates or contact us through the Talisman Nursery website.
Extras: Linen - sheets, towels and tea towels (included); Firewood provided Easter - Labour Weekend (included); NOTE: Under Kiwi bach tradition you are expected to: Leave the house tidy and do the dishes before you leave.
1 x Queen bed
*Pricing may vary depending on the dates you choose and the number of guests. Additional charges (extras) and minimum stay criteria may also apply. Service fees may also apply.
Stayed here? Add a Review
A wonderful peaceful find in the countryside, just a short drive from Wellington. Great for a weekend away - well appointed, quiet and secluded in a lovely country environment, yet only a few kilometers from Otaki town and the attractions of the Kapiti coast. Enjoyed the free range eggs for breakfast. The mozzies are big, so be sure to pack some repellant. Thank you for making us feel so welcome.
Had a wonderful weekend in this unique, character-filled cottage. Immaculate and comfortable accommodation in a great location - we especially loved the cosy open-plan upper level. The owners were great, very helpful and friendly.
Book securely in just two minutes