Bach or holiday home, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bathrooms, (Sleeps 6)
What makes this House unique
Traditional kiwi bach experience
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
Great view of ocean
Great view of ocean from living-room, kitchen, and master bedroom!
A real Kiwiana Bach, everything we needed for our stay. Owner very helpful and friendly, would stay there again
We had the most wonderful time at Doris’ Bach! Beautiful views, homely surrounds, relaxing and great space! Will definitely be back again! Thank you so much :)
Lovely and easy :)
Just what we needed, neat and tidy, just slept and left as attended a wedding nearby but would happily have stayed for a few nights :)
Cute wee old school bach
Loved the place. Would stay again!
Well equipped bach. Peaceful surroundings. Beautiful view
Some Local Attractions
- Matheson’s Bay (2 mins drive)– family friendly with playground and safe swimming
- Goat Island Marine Reserve (5 mins drive) – fantastic fish life for snorkeling, explore rock pools, Glass Bottom Boat, Marine Discovery Centre, walk along beach towards Pakiri or along cliff tops towards Cape Rodney.
- Pakiri (15-20 mins drive)– surf, long walks
- Omaha (12 mins drive)– surf and beach patrol, boat launching, estuary, beach and board walk
- Tawharanui Regional Park (20 mins drive) - surf, walks, natural beauty! Predator-free fence with amazing bird life.
- Fishing - at Leigh wharf for sprats or at Ti Point wharf for sprats and larger fish
- Ti Point Reptile Park
- Glass Bottom Boat
- Matakana Farmers Market – Saturday morning 8am -1pm
- Matakana Vintage Market – Sunday morning
- Matakana Country Park, on corner of turn off to Omaha
- Pakiri Beach Horse rides
- Morris and James Pottery
- Brick Bay Sculpture trail
- Matakana wine trail
- Matakana cinema
- Leigh coastal walkway
- Leigh Harbour walkway
- Mathesons Bay Bush walk
- Goat Island walkway
- Ti Point walkway
- Pakiri beach
- Mt Tamahunga
Local places to eat:
- Sawmill Café
- Leigh Bar
- Leigh Eats
- Numerous cafes and wineries between Leigh and Warkworth.