Bach or holiday home, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bathrooms, (Sleeps 6)
What makes this House unique
Traditional kiwi bach experience
Max guests: 6 (sleeps up to 6 adults)
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Nice place. Good value.
Beautiful location for the whole family
Great place for the whole family. Cosy but still spacious. Has everything you need to entertain the kids from swimming (2min drive), snorkeling, bars and restaurants and indoor activities for wet weather too. Very clean and tidy and loved the kiwiana feel to it.
Great little bach
Our stay at this bach was great. It suited all of our needs in a lovely quiet location. Great array of board games, books and DVD's. The kids had a ball in the bunk room, bed times were rather out of control, but they were having fun!
The walks in the surrounding area were a pleasant surprise. The waterhole on the way to Mathesons Bay was a good find.
Would recommend this bach to all.
Really nice location
Really enjoyed our stay
Great retro bach
Awesome retro bach, tucked away down a long drive in a great location. Really well equipped with tonnes of games and well stocked kitchen. A shame we were only staying for one night as would have liked to have stayed longer.
Some Local Attractions
- Matheson’s Bay (2 mins drive)– family friendly with playground and safe swimming
- Goat Island Marine Reserve (5 mins drive) – fantastic fish life for snorkeling, explore rock pools, Glass Bottom Boat, Marine Discovery Centre, walk along beach towards Pakiri or along cliff tops towards Cape Rodney.
- Pakiri (15-20 mins drive)– surf, long walks
- Omaha (12 mins drive)– surf and beach patrol, boat launching, estuary, beach and board walk
- Tawharanui Regional Park (20 mins drive) - surf, walks, natural beauty! Predator-free fence with amazing bird life.
- Fishing - at Leigh wharf for sprats or at Ti Point wharf for sprats and larger fish
- Ti Point Reptile Park
- Glass Bottom Boat
- Matakana Farmers Market – Saturday morning 8am -1pm
- Matakana Vintage Market – Sunday morning
- Matakana Country Park, on corner of turn off to Omaha
- Pakiri Beach Horse rides
- Morris and James Pottery
- Brick Bay Sculpture trail
- Matakana wine trail
- Matakana cinema
- Leigh coastal walkway
- Leigh Harbour walkway
- Mathesons Bay Bush walk
- Goat Island walkway
- Ti Point walkway
- Pakiri beach
- Mt Tamahunga
Local places to eat:
- Sawmill Café
- Leigh Bar
- Leigh Eats
- Numerous cafes and wineries between Leigh and Warkworth.