A lovely Coromandel beach bach (one of a dozen or so in a cluster by the bay), a great coastal spot for a stay.
This is a cool little original 2 bedroom bach on the western seaboard and just a short drive north of Coromandel Town. Neat as a pin the bach has been recently refurbished with brand new kitchen and bathroom. Two bedrooms, open plan lounge, kitchen and small sunny sitting room. Out back is a covered veranda for outdoor summer alfresco dining. A lovely back lawn and fish filleting table. Beach access via the backyard and walkway to tidal beach, gather shellfish (cockles!), swim or beach comb.
The Bach is Self-Catering and features:
• A fully equipped kitchen, electric cooker, microwave, large fridge/freezer
• Modern renovated combined bathroom, toilet, vanity and laundry;
• Gas BBQ;
• Outdoor dining table and furniture;
• SKY TV and games, books for rainy days;
• Lovely rear yard and lawn with fruit trees;
• Well set up for fisherman – bait freezer, beer fridge, fish filleting table.
• Excellent and easy flat off-road parking for vehicles and boats.
Kick back in Kikowhakarere Bay (aka Shelley Beach) 6 kms drive north of Coromandel Town and 1 km drive to Oamaru Bay where you can picnic and sit under the lovely Pohutukawa trees, swim, kayak or launch the boat from the beach 2 hours either side of high tide.
Also an excellent bach base to discover the beautiful northern Coromandel with day trips to Waitete Bay (2 white sand, safe swimming beaches) and further north to Colville and Port Charles and Port Jackson.
Drive Times x Coromandel Town
• Kikowhakarere Bay (Shelley Beach) – 6.3 kms
• Oamaru Bay – 7 kms
• Waitete Bay – 17 kms
• Colville – 26 kms
Non-refundable booking/letting fee applies
*2 night minimum stay; 7 night (summer high season)
**Cleaning fee is required.
***Peak rates apply to all public andamp; school holidays.
Children will require supervision around the rear stream and roadway.
Bond may be required and refunded 48 hours after departure