Come and enjoy a lakeside slice of heaven!
The handy location on the eastern shores of Lake Rotorua is perfect for any type of holiday, whatever your pace:
- relax in the sun-soaked window seats with a beautiful view of the lake
- swim and play in the clean, shallow waters of Lake Rotorua, literally a stone's throw from the front door
- refuel and unwind after a fun-filled day exploring some of the world's best mountain biking trails and walking tracks.
For families with young children, the property is fully fenced and the house is stocked with essentials (high chair, changing table, baby bath, safety latches for cupboards/drawers). There are kid-friendly books and games, a tricycle and scooter (but BYO helmets) and a child-size kayak and several lifejackets. The big Hannahs Bay playground and a steam engine museum are close by.
For couples, we highly recommend getting a massage, spa treatment and/or dining at the Waiora Resort, less than 100m away.
For active types, we have kayaks and a variety of outdoor games. The secure garage has space for storing bikes and other sporting gear, and the custom-made bike wash and repair stand makes it easy to clean and tend to MTBs.
The kitchen is fully equipped with everything you need to make your own meals, and the gas BBQ is great for grilling up a feed. Alternatively, there's a wide range of dining and takeaway options within 5-10 minutes drive.
There's a wood burner and heaters to stay warm in winter, and plenty of fans (ceiling, wall-mounted and standing fans) to keep you cool in summer.
Useful amenities include a hairdryer, iron, ironing board, washing machine and drying rack.
There's no TV, but there's unlimited WiFi, board games, jigsaw puzzles and books.
Only 10 minutes drive to Rotorua CBD and only 7 minutes to the Redwoods entrance to Whakarewarewa forest
- We provide pillows, duvets and blankets, but the nightly price does not include linens (bed sheets, pillow cases, bath towels, flannels and bath mat). You can BYO, or rent linens for an additional $15/person. Let us know if you need to rent them.
- This is a residential area. No parties, and please be considerate of the neighbours, especially after 10pm as noise carries easily.
- Pets allowed with prior approval.
- Property may not be suitable for escape artist dogs, big or small (i.e. fence has 10-15 cm gaps between rails and is approx 3 feet high in lower spots).