- Our house is situated in a quiet rural setting – perfect for a relaxing weekend away, with plenty to do locally and further afield.
- Historic Lawrence is only 15mins drive by car, or 70 mins by bike on the Clutha Gold Trail which runs past our front gate.
- Fishing, swimming and picnicing along the Clutha River.
- Swimming in the nearby Beaumont Community Swimming Pool at the old School (small charge for key to this facility).
- Central Otago orchards and wineries less than one hours drive away.
- Scenic coastal Catlins is only 1 hour 30 mins drive.
- Dunediin is just 1 hour and 15 minutes drive.
Lazy River Lodge is our holiday bach, built about 90 years ago as a railways house. Our bach has character, charm and some quirks. We’ve enjoyed many family holidays here over the years.
We invite you to come and share our special family bach and unwind, enjoy the roses in the garden, listen to the bellbirds in the trees, take your afternoon tea (or a picnic dinner) down to the banks of the Clutha river at the back of our section - or if it's hot enough go for a dip! Explore the stunning river scenery upstream by bike or on foot - you'll find plenty of places for a picnic and a swim. Relax in front of the open fire in the lounge or stoke up the wood range in the kitchen. There is a TV but this will only play DVD's.
Minimum night stay may apply over public holidays eg; Easter.
Continental Breakfast Tray available on request $12 per person.
Cleaning option available on request.
Extras: Cleaning (Optional, NZ$60.00 per stay); Linen (Optional, NZ$15.00 per person);