House, 5 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 5.5 Baths, (Sleeps 11-13)
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 60 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 30 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 30 days before check-in.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Pets allowed - There is an extra charge for your pet,There is an extra charge for your pet,
Max guests: 13
Minimum age of primary renter: 30
In town for my mother’s 90 birthday and we have thoroughly enjoyed our stay. She was very accommodating and communicated details and expectations well. We plan on coming back to this area in warmer weather and will definitely book this home again.
I thoroughly enjoyed having your family! I look forward to having you all back soon.
Great family get-a-way home
This four story, 6000 Sq ft home was perfect for our large family after Christmas vaca. Plenty of space for everyone. Game room was awesome. Evelyn (owner) was fantastic to work with.
Lake House on hill
The house had lots of space, its a tad on the older side and they are in the process of doing some work on it. The bathrooms are small and two of them did not work properly, one of which was in a bedroom so that was a bit of a problem. Basic things were not available like a broom so we could clean up after ourselves before we left. There was nothing in the house to get you started for your stay, no roll of paper towels, toilet paper, soap for kitchen sink and only one trash bag. All of which we usually end up buying and replacing but it meant we had to run out sooner than we expected. The weather this time of year is beautiful, we only ventured down to the lake once as we were there for a wedding and were not at the house a lot, it was basically a place to sleep. My guests were glad it was not warmer as the way down to the pond smelled like septic and there was a sign to watch where you walked but still gross the same.
Paula, I will be happy to address your comments -
1. The bathrooms are exactly the size that they are in the photos. Why did you not let me know what was not working in the two baths that you referenced? I am extremely responsive to my renters and would have been happy to fix whatever was not working. The housekeepers check all toilets, tubs and sinks while she is cleaning and would have let me know if something was wrong while cleaning. Renters have been there since your stay and I have not heard of any issues.
2. There is a broom in the laundry room that was perhaps overlooked. We keep paper towels under the sink which was also perhaps overlooked. There is always toilet paper in each bath. Your party arrived very early (if you recall, I requested a 5pm check-in and your guests came in at 3pm) and one of your guests fell asleep in a room and the housekeeper could not get into one of the baths so she left that toilet paper by the door of the room. The soap for the kitchen is filled after each stay and is in the soap dispenser pump by the sink which was probably over looked.
3. The sign inside the enclosed fence area letting renters know that there is a septic tank in the area is there so that children do not play in that area. The septic tank is in an enclosed system. Two pumping stations pump the waste to the street so, the waste does not run off in the yard like normal septic tanks do. I have NEVER heard one word about a septic tank smell so I do not know what you were smelling.
I am sorry that you did not have a good experience, I would have immediately addressed anything if known about it but unfortunately this review is the only time I have heard any of these issues.
wonderful home - HUGE
Beautiful location on the lake - had a wonderful time
This property was big enough for the whole family.
The five bedrooms with bathroom for each was great.
Kitchen and eating area accommodated nine adults comfortably. With family room included in floor plan.
Lake was a blast.
3 miles from North Georgia Premium Outlet Mall, wineries, Appalachian Trail, and SO much more.
About Evelyn Smith
I have been renting my home for several years and have provided wonderful memories for families from all over the United States. Evidenced by my repeat tenants, I can assure you that you too will come back with story after story of the wonderful time that was had. While the home always sells out during the summer, the folks who recognize the great time to be had during the Fall and Winter months also realize a huge savings on the rental. I enjoy sharing my home and hope that you too will come and stay and see what great time awaits you!
Evelyn Smith purchased this House in 1999
Why Evelyn Smith chose Dawsonville
I purchased this home because it is a beautiful home that sits on Lake Lanier, the largest lake in Georgia. I have been coming to Lake Lanier since I was a child and have great memories of time spent with family and friends and wanted to share this home with folks to make their own memories. So far, it has been a great success and I have enjoyed the spoils of having families make thier own Lake Lanier memories.
What makes this House unique
It is rarely known that North Georgia has an array of great wineries that sit right on the mountains. The views are spectacular and the wineries themselves are gorgeous. Napa has nothing on the quality of these wines and spending a day touring these close in proximity wineries is a great time. I also enjoy Burts Pumpkin Farm. A HUGE pumpkin farm where family's can pick out their pumpkin and then picnic right there on the farm. In addition, I love going Christmas shopping at the North Georgia Premium Outlet Malls where I can get amazing deals on everything AND come back to enjoy a beautiful home with my family and friends. Hiking one of the many trails on the Appalachain Mountain to view the color's of fall is absolutely breathtaking. During the Summer, of course the scale of everything to do is enormous. Waterskiing, boating to where you can park the boat and have lunch or dinner, fishing right off the dock, or relaxing on top of the dock's party deck with a few friends. There is so much to do!