1 Bedroom, 1 Bath, Sleeps 4
About Robyn Vandenberg
I love historic buildings and this is an exceptional house. It is so large and spacious with a very beautiful original staircase. The location makes it a fun property to offer to guests. It is right in the center of town and close to all our water attractions.
Robyn Vandenberg purchased this Apartment in 2007
Why Robyn Vandenberg chose Grand Haven
I picked this house because of it's beauty and size and location. When I bought it, it was calling my name to restore it. We have kept it as close to it's original splendor as possible.
What makes this Apartment unique
We offer the main floor lobby areas and a lounge, plus the front porch for the enjoyment of our guests. There is a gathering room that is available for rent for events.
Please consider the following guidelines when booking this property:
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
We had a really great time staying here this weekend. The location is perfect for walking and going to restaurants and other places. The apartment overall was good, had everything we needed. The air conditioner was good,in the bedroom, but struggled in the living room. You could hear your neighbors as the door has a wide opening at the bottom. Overall though great place to stay and enjoy a weekend with family or friends!
We are glad you enjoyed your stay! The location is a very popular one, walkable to so many activities and attractions. The living room A/C unit has been replaced by a brand new larger one, so that issue has been resolved. I think the noise you were hearing may have been coming from the downstairs lobby, as the only neighbor you have is across the stairs from you. We will remind guests to be considerate in common areas during their stay. Thank you for staying with us!!
The apartment needs a little rehab but it was clean.
We have some upgrades planned for this coming summer. We will update the listing when they are completed. Thank you for staying with us!!
quiet neighborhood close to everything
A quiet neighborhood really close to downtown. It is an older house and there are the quirks that go with it. Very clean and taken care of though.
Yes, older building do have some quirks, it comes with the extra character. Our location and price are the big attraction. We have some upgrades planned that we will post when completed.
Great price for the location
Robin was very helpful. The place was perfect walking distance to downtown and the waterfront. The apartment could use a few updates here and there, however the price was great for the location and the apartment was clean.
Thank you for your review. We are planning some updates, but want to keep the apartment affordable. Everyone loves the location. We get a lot of families that like the idea of walking to most places they want to go. There is so much to do right in the neighborhood!
Awesome location! The property has just what you need for your stay in Grand Haven!
The location of this property was what sold us. It’s a short drive to the beach and an even shorter walk to downtown Grand Haven! The apartment was very spacious and easily slept my 2 friends, my boyfriend and I! Robyn was very easy to work with and even had the apartment ready for us before the 3:00pm check in time! We would definitely rent this property again!!!
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay! Yes, this location is ideal and an easy walk to everything downtown. Many of our guests enjoy our covered front porch is also a great spot to people watch and have a cocktail! Thank you for staying with us!
Great location, but apartment needs a lot of work
First, I'll just say that the location can't be beat. The owner, also, was quite friendly and accommodating. Unfortunately, the apartment itself was is pretty poor shape -- enough so that I seriously considered going elsewhere even though we'd lose our money. I HATE to leave a negative review and never have before, but part of why I'm doing so now is that I honestly felt misled by the listing and the other reviews. This is my sixth online rental through VRBO or other sites, and I'm sorry to say it was the worst conditions I've encountered.
Just a few things:
- The toilet didn't work right. It ran and ran and didn't fill the tank. We had to call the owner late one night to come fix it. While she was accommodating (as previously mentioned), I got the impression that this was a known issue that she attributed to "the old plumbing." We left the next morning but had to address the issue a number of times before we checked out.
- The floors are very uneven to the point that there are even cracks in the kitchen's vinyl flooring. My daughter fell once and got a little rug burn on her nose. A lot of what the owner attributes to the building's "historic" nature instead just seems old and shabby.
- The shower ran poorly and the door didn't close because loose screws were poking out where the door should catch. The toilet paper holder, too, was coming off of the wall.
- The house was fairly clean but certain things (windows, doorways, light switches, etc.) were grimey and hadn't been washed in a while.
- This was not a family friendly place. One large metal vent in the entrance way was sort of bent and gaping open in a way that could be a hazard to kids (hard to explain without pictures).
- The individual units are not marked or numbered, which is probably why a group of children from another unit mistakenly came into our unit at one point during our stay (yikes!).
If you're someone looking to rent a place based on location alone, and you're used to perhaps staying in a hostel-type accommodation, then this might be perfect. Otherwise, especially if you have kids, I might try someplace else.
I am sorry that you felt misled. We have many people with families that return every year that have not felt the same. The city inspects all of our units to make sure they are not unsafe before they issue our rental permits. I encourage anyone who finds a problem to contact me right away. We have since numbered our doors, but I would suggest flipping the deadbolt from the inside, as children that are new to the place may get confused.
The famous Musical Fountain is at the end of the street 2 blocks away, as well as the boardwalk that leads to the pier. There are many restaurants and shopping, mine golf, marinas, farmers market, parks, playground, YMCA, and many more attractions all within a short walk,