• New 3 bedroom bach on the beach front (built 2018)
• Sleeps 7 comfortably – 2 queen beds and 1 double bed with a single bunk bed (two mattress available for shorter stays - BYO sleeping bags)
• Open plan lounge and kitchen which contains dishwasher, TV (sky including sports channels), Xbox 360 (plus a few games), internet, home theatre stereo
• Bathroom has a toilet, shower, washing machine
• Cell phone reception (Spark is excellent the others are ok).
Large deck with tables
• Shared games room with darts, table tennis, small games table with pool++ and some gym equipment and BBQ to use
• Private beach access with a safe swimming beach (lifeguards during summer)
• Forest walks and bike tracks at the end of the street
• Peaceful, relaxing, fun, sunny and safe location
• Local supermarket, restaurant, fish n chip shop, cafe all within 5-10 minute walk.
Well behaved dogs may be considered on application at the time of booking but there is no fencing so must be well behaved. Pets must be supervised at all time and not left alone in the house.
Special conditions: No smoking inside and no parties. The Bach is ideal for families, safe but not fenced so you will need to watch the little ones.
What to bring:
• Hat and bench tent or sun umbrella
• Bench towels
• Cot and high chair for the baby.
What we provide:
• A great place for a holiday
• Cooking, eating and drinking equipment
• Tea towels and towels and shower mat
• Basic supplies of tea, coffee and milo
• Some basic cooking supplies and what guests leave behind
• Linen and blankets.
Arrival and Departure: The Bach will be available for occupation from 2:00 pm on the day of arrival, and must be vacated by 10:00am on the day of departure. If you want to come earlier or stay later this will depend on cleaning and prior bookings – just check.
• 1 minute walk to the beach.
• 5-7 minutes’ walk to the local Four Square supermarket and café. Bowling club and Surf Life Saving Club. Pipi point is a restaurant/café/bar at the end of the street.
• 15 minutes walk at the south end of Waitarere township is a fairy forest park and playground made by the locals
• 15 minute drive to Levin
• 15 minute drive to Foxton
• 45 minute drive to Palmerston North
• 90 minute drive to Wellington (Picton ferry)
• 114 minutes to the Wairarapa and wineries
• 150 minutes to skiing at Turoa
• 410 minutes to Auckland.
The Forest has a very special area for kids of all ages to explore alone with biking traks and walks. It was Trollshaw Forest and Osgiliath Wood in Peter Jackson s Lord of the Rings movies. Waitarere Beach is great for swimming, fishing, kayaking, and other water sports and we have two kayas to borrow at your own risk (adults must supervise children at all times and bring your own life jackets).
There are some great golf courses, Levin adventure Park, movies, Dutch Market, museums and beautiful bush walks to explore often just 10 mins drive away. You can also visit the famous Moreporks at Shannon’s Owlcatraz (20 minutes). Plenty of shopping too, but beware it will be hard to pull yourself away from this little beach sanctuary. This is a fabulous location for your summer holiday or your winter escapes as you listen to the waves.
Fresh bread, homemade pies and cakes at the bakery at the local 4 square store is a must (during busy times it is recommended to pre order the bread)