Farmstay | Kaikoura Township | #25547
Our LARGE seven-metre tipi (teepee) has impressive nine-metre poles reaching to the sky!
- Sleeps up to four, in a double bed and two separate single beds
- High quality glamping accommodation
- Raised wooden insulated floor
- Breakfast items: cereal, bread, butter, homemade jam, coffee/tea, seasonal: fruit and farm eggs (left in the fridge on arrival day, to have at your leisure)
- EXCLUSIVE access to our private collection of 30+ Farm Animals (sheep, llama, pigs, deer, pony, donkey, chickens, turkeys, ...) = three hours per day (not open to general public)
- Double skinned, with a thick cotton inner lining
- Coffee table, sofa and chairs
- Electric power points, USB recharging points, heater, games
- Bed linen and towels provided - washed in an environmentally friendly 'sensitive' detergent, containing no dyes, no enzymes, no phosphates, no fragrance, concentrated formula, recycled packaging
- Adult robes, slippers and toiletries
- Companion toilet/shower building with washbasin
- Separate barbecue shelter includes gas barbecue, gas pizza oven, sink, fridge, outdoor table and chairs
- 4km from Kaikoura town centre - supermarket, i-Site (tourist information), Whale Watch and Dolphin Swim offices
- QUIET LOCATION - 4km from railway line (which runs through centre of town) and 4km from the town’s two fire sirens!
- SPECTACULAR view of Mount Fyffe (4km away) and the Kaikoura mountain ranges
- Only 3km to the beach/sea
- 1km from local river with walks and cycle trail
- Unlimited off-road car/boat/trailer parking
- FREE use of our mountain bikes / peddle cycles (please book in advance)
- Uncooked pizzas available to pre-order and cook yourselves in the pizza oven
- Barbecue food packs available to pre-order and cook yourselves on your barbecue
Also available = Llama Trekking in beautiful Kaikoura coast or riverbed - please contact us to book in advance.
Special conditions: Check-in: 2pm to 9pm. Check-out: by 10am. We offer extended check-in (after 9pm) and check-out (after 10am), subject to an hourly charge. Cleaning: please leave in the condition you found it. Smoking allowed outside Pets allowed with prior approval
Combined living/sleeping area
1 x Cot
1 x Queen bed
2 x Single bed
*Pricing may vary depending on the dates you choose and the number of guests. Additional charges (extras) and minimum stay criteria may also apply. Service fees may also apply.
Stayed here? Add a Review
Really cool property on a working farm with lots of animals roaming about for the kids to enjoy. Warm robes for the adults to use. Puzzles and books for the children to enjoy and nice bedding. Well equipped kitchen. Bathroom was spotless. Was really nice to visit the farm in the morning and see and help feed the animals. Certainly back to nature with the animal noises, which added to the experience. Absolutely amazing views.
Good to book for one night for the novelty factor, we stayed in the teepee which was fine for the 3 of us. Camp kitchen was a bit grubby, but the I guess this camping and we are on a farm Not a lot of interaction or narrative from the host. Caution - if you don't like being woken at 5am DO NOT book this place - the resident roosters kick off about them which makes the 8:15 feeding sessions see like long time away.