COVID-19 travel restrictions
The State of Hawaii requires any person traveling to the state on or before October 1 to self-quarantine for 14 days.Find out more
Cottage, 2 Bedrooms + 1.5 bath (Sleeps 4-5)
Other (See Description)
1. King size bed is A Tempur-Pedic Mattress will give you the best sleep ever! quality bed sheets and pillows. 2. Queen size Bed is A pillow top mattress for comfort, with quality bedsheets and pillows. there is plenty of room on each side of the bed to get in and out. 3. Double Bed Hale Mauka has a queen blow up mattress and 2 twin size futons. 4. The dining area can be used as a third sleeping area. private with sliding door and curtains. These futons are the kind you lay on the floor. 5. Baby Cribs, We have a pack and play playpen and highchair
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 30 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 14 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 14 days before check-in.
Damage and Incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Children allowed - Tons of things for kids to do at Hale MaukaTons of things for kids to do at Hale Mauka
No pets - we consider people with animal hair allergies we consider people with animal hair allergies
No smoking - no smoking inside of house.no smoking inside of house.
Max guests: 5
Minimum age of primary renter: 25 - unless approved by owner. unless approved by owner.
- If You are using the kayaks and bikes, etc. it is at your own risk, Hale Mauka is not responsible for any injuries that might happen on the property.
- If you bring extra guest to stay or If any rules are not followed, You will be asked to leave the premises without any refund.
- Your credit card will be charged for any damages that happen in the house or on the property, unless owner wavies them.
Minimum 1-day vacancy between guest stays
Check in and check out with no person-to-person contact
Cleaned with disinfectant
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park offers free guided tours through the park and Lava tubes. There is so much to do and see in the National Park. We have two kayaks, and there is a great place in Hilo to Kayak. There are many Waterfalls in the Hilo area. Volcano also has Birdwatching--There are 6+ restaurantes in Volcano, From Fine dining to Thai (which is also fine!!) The Park often has live Theater or Concerts, as well as weekly 'After Dark in the Park' talks. Sunday's we have our "renown" Farmer's Market. This Artist Community also offers presentations, workshops, and open studios's. Within 30-45 min there is swimming, fishing and a zoo, bike rentals, shopping, movie theaters, more museums, and wonderful beaches.
Diana and Robert Varney
About Diana and Robert Varney
Rob and I retired and moved to Hawaii to build our dream cottage. We found this amazing property in the MIDDLE of the rainforest of Volcano. Our grandchildren love coming to visit, and so will yours! We created a private drive into the property so that we could build our cottage right in the middle of the huge fern trees. This is the only dwelling on this property and is very private. You can not see any other homes from the inside of the house or sitting out on the lanai. When we were building and creating Hale Mauka we focused on every detail. We made sure the deep soaking tub had a huge window for that private rainforest view. The bedrooms have large windows to bring in the beauty of the rainforest. Hale Mauka was built with love and creativity. We love sharing our second home with guest from around the world! We Welcome you to our Hale.. We hope you enjoy our Hale as we do.. We have built a second home in South Kona, so we are just moments away if you need help with anything.
Diana and Robert Varney purchased this House in 2008
Why Diana and Robert Varney chose Volcano
It is Enchanting, amazing and peaceful and romantic and close to everything on the Big Island. It has everything you will need.
What makes this House unique
There are hikes and sites to see. Cooking your own meals at home and having the free use of kayaks and bikes and snorkel gear and golf clubs! You don't have to rent this stuff which makes this property perfect!. It's all at your fingertips. We have it all!!