Know before you go
This area may have travel restrictions related to COVID-19.
Old renovated house for 3 persons, 1 bedroom, large garden, Beaune center
- Bedroom 1: Nice bedroom with king size bed (180 x 200), top range quality bed. Bed linens are supplied. Beds done prior arrival. Wardrobe to store clothes. Mirror.Vaulted ceiling (part of the old chapel) . Nice view upon the Bouzaize river, church bell, very calm and tranquil place to rest. - Sitting room: 1 sofa bed (mattresses – 160 x 200). Bed linens and quilt are supplied. Beds done prior arrival
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 60 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 30 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 30 days before check-in.
Damage and Incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Children allowed - Baby crib and high chair on request . Baby crib and high chair on request .
Max guests: 3
Beaune offers a very wide range of activities, and has a great cultural potential
- Hospice de Beaune Museum (Hotel Dieu)
- “Vente des Vins”, Beaune’s renowned charity wine auction, 3rd weekend of November
- Annual crime film festival (March)
- Festival of Baroque music (June/July)
- Traditional French produce market held in Beaune’s central marketplace, every Saturday morning
- Wine tastings in one of the regions’ numerous cellars
- Gastronomy: there are Michelin-starred restaurants included amongst the region’s many restaurants
- Visit the old, walled town and walk along the ramparts
- See the evening illuminations of some of Beaune’s historic buildings
- Wine classes
- Balloon rides over the vineyards
- Swim in the local lake water at the Etangs d’Or (facilities include parking, food kiosk, changing rooms, showers etc. Entry fee.)
- And much more…
You can also enjoy a visit of Dijon, which was the Burgundy Duke capital.
Hosted by La Maison du Couvent - Caroline & Max GIGANDETAsk a question
About La Maison du Couvent - Caroline & Max GIGANDET
We are both native from the Beaune area, and we just achieved the complete renovation of this former Convent from the 17th century. This building has got a lot charm, and many of the original materials are still in place, including the classic oak-beamed ceiling, some old parquet floor, and classic and original tiles. We did the renovations as it was our “home sweet home”, creating a warm and personal decoration, to provide the best feeling to our guests. All the renovations have been made by local craftsmen, and as an interior architect I had a lot of pleasure to coordinate their work and put in relief all the character from the past. The kitchen has been made on demand, with top range selection of kitchen appliances, we have carefully selected the beds, including large dimensions (1 Kind size bed – 180 x 200 / 1 Sofa bed 160 x 200). We have done a mix of modern and old pieces of furniture, selected some warm painting colors (Farrow & Ball / Ressources), to provide our guests the nicest stay as possible.
La Maison du Couvent - Caroline & Max GIGANDET purchased this house in 2014
Why La Maison du Couvent - Caroline & Max GIGANDET chose Beaune
Beaune is the among the most renown and prestigious wine area, it offers a large range of activities, for everyone that enjoy wines, gastronomy, historical building and to share conviviality moments. The town is perfectly renovated and the buildings are well maintained over the years, the city has preserved all the character from the past, it is a site full of history. Beaune offers a large choice of restaurants, wine tastings, and it will grant you the possibility to know deeper the Burgundian wines. The quality of life is very nice, Beaune offers also a large choice of cultural activities, for example the annual crime film festival (March), the festival of Baroque music (June/July), or the evening illuminations of some of Beaune’s historic buildings. The life is easy and relax. You can also enjoy biking across the prestigious vineyards. We felled in love with this former convent, at the beginning you need to get some imagination, as the property was not maintained for decades, the Convent was composed of 2 small apartments, that we have joined to make one. After 6 months renovation, we are so pleased about the result, and our guests really appreciate their time in the house, you just need to check their comments.
What makes this house unique
- Private garden all fenced by original stone walls. - Apartment entirely renovated - Few minutes’ walk from the center of town, no need of a car during your stay. - At 500 meters, you can enjoy the terrace of the bar & restaurant named La Table du Square. - The convent is set back from the street which makes it a calm and tranquil place to stay. - BBQ, garden furniture’s, deck chairs to enjoy spring and summer. - Nice view over the church bell and the old roof of Beaune. - Very bright as the sun orientation is East / West. - 2 bikes can be made available on request, to enjoy cycling across the prestigious vineyards, the departure of the road is just 500 meters from the house. - We can also made available a small vaulted cellar on request, to share a wine tasting with your friends. - The renovation and decoration is new, we have paid a careful attention to the bed’s selection. - The custom kitchen, will give our guests the possibility to cook some nice meals, and share good moments with friends or family. Everything has been done to ensure our guest to spend a very comfortable and nice time with us.
- english, french, spanish