Situated on the beautiful Bay of Plenty Coast, between Whakatane and Papamoa, with just a short stroll across the road to a white sand beach and the sparkling blue Pacific Ocean - a popular surfcasting mecca. Our Pikowai holiday home is a great place for families or groups to relax and enjoy.
The home is an older style house - an original farmhouse built in the 1950's with five bedrooms (2 rooms have their own small ensuites), a main bathroom and a choice of living areas, the home is spacious with a large outside area to enjoy, explore or play. It is situated on an elevated section so you can enjoy stunning views out to sea. Relax by the pool, cook up your catch on the BBQ and help yourself to our fresh produce in the orchard and vege garden.
A Surf Casting Rod is provided for your use. Please BYO bait.
In the surrounding area enjoy the abundance of activities the Whakatane district and the Bay of Plenty has to offer including: fishing charters and big game fishing, mountain biking, dolphin and whale watching, white island active marine volcano tours, delish Berry farms, white water rafting, stunning beaches, horseriding, beauty therapy, hot pools, walks and tramping, surfing, paintball, shopping, golf and so much more!
Situated between Whakatane (20minutes drive) and Papamoa (30 minutes drive), there are a multitude of places to visit or get your shopping fix if you wish.
Matata is 5minutes drive and provides the closest convenience stores, petrol station, playground, 2 small cafes, local pub, liquor store and takeaways
- Pool is not available for use over winter (April/May till end November)
- Mobile phone reception (Spark) is limited but generally is available on the front lawn (sometimes front window) of the property but there is not much inside the house**
**Please enquire if you are looking at a long term rental (14 days plus) as we can be negotiable on weekly rate especially over winter months**
* A bond of $500 is required. Will be refunded by Homeaway after your stay providing house is left in a tidy and satisfactory condition
* House and property to be left tidy
* No parties or group gatherings unless authorized by owner