3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, Sleeps 6
Why Jason Bucher chose Bahamia West
Traveling throughout the islands, I wanted to build a home that had a tropical feel in a remote location while still having the conveniences of a modern city. Freeport is a cool mix of the laid back life style of the Abacos coupled with a hint of the city life of Nassau. You can drive to the east side of the island and walk for miles and not see a soul; or you can drive down the road to a store similar to Sam's Club or Costco and buy a weeks worth of groceries for your family.
What makes this House unique
Haven Del Mar offers direct access to the ocean from the backyard. You can pull your boat up to the dock, thus eliminating expensive dockage fees. You have the convenience of offloading stores and the catch of the day without traveling or walking long distances to your lodging. Hot day? Jump in the canal and catch some lobsters. Enjoy the tropical fish that live and play under the dock. Swim across the canal and you'll be on a remote beach that its only habitats are blue crab and tropical birds. Hear the ocean waves splash and crash from the back deck. In one of the most sought after neighborhoods in Grand Bahama, Haven Del Mar is ready to give you and your family remarkable memories of your exotic vacation to the islands.
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Max guests: 6
Minimum age of primary renter: 21
Great place when you have a boat
This place was great! It is the Bahamas and expectations need to be in check regardless of a “5 star” resort or private home. If you have been to the Bahamas, you understand how rare working appliance are, and everything in the house operates. Everything is as described but if you are looking for a beach front resort this is not your cup of tea. It has easy access from the inlet, port Lucaya is a 10 min run by boat, and fishing grounds are just outside the inlet. We loved it and will visit again. Communication with Jason was great!
Dry dock elation
The house is nice but need some T.L.C. talking to Jason he say that the house will forgo a renovation by the end of the month.
We had some problems that I already discussed with Jason.
Over all we loved our stay. We were looking for quietness to be able to rest at night and we got it.
The house is confortable good A.C. kitchen sufficiently equipped. Good entertainment center.
I went and swim in the canal in front of the house, use the kayak and we had a BBQ outside.
I highly recommend the property.
Pictures are out of date
We were very disappointed with the cleanliness of the property and the fact the photographs listed on VRBO are not showing the current state of the property (out of date photos). We stayed at the location for a month and left it cleaner than we found it. Here is a list of the major issues:
- Area rugs in the kitchen, living room and under the pool table full of debris, food and sand.
- Kitchen cabinet toe kick area and the cutlery tray had old food.
- Dishes were so dirty we had to wash them all. Looked like the cleaner(s) wiped them with a dirty rag but didn’t use soap or water.
- Left with quarter roll of toilet paper.
- No propane on the BBQ.
- Patio table broken and had to be held up with another chair.
- The one and only patio wicker chair broken and unusable.
- Diving board broken and not attached to the dock area for use.
- Patio lounge chairs broken, we found one we could use but the legs were rusted and broken. (very sharp)
- No hammock.
- We couldn’t sit on the couch without using sheets because it felt so saturated with sweat, suntan lotion and tanning oil. You could see some one’s ass print in oil… it was just gross.
- TV sound continually cuts out.
- Toilet seat in the master bathroom was broken. Owner had someone come by with a replacement in the first week but put it in the closet saying she didn’t have the tools. We were there for a month and she never came back. She did leave us with a replacement lightbulb for the patio - we had to change it ourselves.
- Master bathroom toilet wouldn’t flush properly and stinks so bad we had to shut the door due to sewer fumes.
- Rugs in the bathroom dirty and not cleaned. I did find a booby pin in the rug when it went into my foot stepping out of the shower.
- No drinking water……. Salt content of the water is currently to high and is undrinkable. Locals are using drinking water stations or bottled water. If you don’t have a rental car you will have a difficult time getting water to drink.
- Next door house to the West (green house) had an audible exterior burglar alarm that went of every day 3 times or more lasting 20 minutes each time. It was so loud it woke our kids up at 3am multiple times and made sitting out side impossible when it was going off. This continued for the entire month we were at the location.
- I could go on but I have wasted enough time on this place.
This property is run down and the person watching the property for the owner is not taking care of it.
Pool game under the shark was great. House is clean and in a great spot. Heaps of nice touches. Homeowner was fantastic to work with.
Perfect Place for a group of people or a couple of families!
Jason was great! Super attentive and quick to respond and give info! If you fish, dive or boat this place is perfect. Location is somewhat central. For perspective, a 15 minute, $25-$30 cab ride to Lucaya or Solomon's. The house was super clean. Everything worked well and enjoyed the pool table.
The dock space is adequate we had a 39' center console and it fit fine. Although I would suggest just getting rid of the beams on the lift that are in the water. There is no salvaging them, may as well get rid of them to give more depth in the slip. Just a suggestion.
We will be back! I recommend staying here; great place.