Mapua Heights Cottage is a comfortable and stylish two-bedroom holiday cottage with magnificent views. It offers privacy, space and the opportunity to relax in a stunning rural setting. It is just 5 minutes drive from Mapua, with its picturesque wharf, popular cafes and restaurants and unique shops and galleries.
New Zealand art and sculpture feature in the cottage. A pot-belly stove keeps the whole cottage cosy in the winter, with a sturdy guard available if needed.
Our holiday cottage provides the ideal base from which to explore the Nelson-Tasman region. You may choose to enjoy the many beaches, sample the region's food and wine, visit the bustling Nelson Saturday market, tour the wineries and art outlets, have fun cycling, kayaking or walking in the area or tramping in one of the region's three National Parks. The possibilities are endless, hence many visitors choose to return.
Too much choice? Owners Vivien and Ken are on site to ensure your comfort and provide local knowledge.
Environmentally friendly, Mapua Heights Cottage:
* is built on principles of passive thermal design
* uses timber from local and renewable sources
* has many recycled windows and doors
* uses natural products wherever possible (including bed linen and cleaning materials)
* generous deck and garden area - sit, relax and enjoy a drink (perhaps a local wine) or a barbecue
* extensive native planting
* bush walk
* many native birds (including tui, fantail, bellbird, silvereye and at times shining cuckoo and native falcon)
* quail on the lawn
* deer and sheep graze our paddocks - let us introduce you.
* views of sea and mountains
* magnificent sunsets
* dramatic night sky with minimal light pollution - view the Milky Way, Southern Cross and constellations
We even have glow-worms in our gully - Ken is happy to be your guide!
Nightly rate is for 1- 2 adults. Extra nightly charge for additional guests.
DISCOUNT FOR EXTENDED STAYS OUTSIDE PEAK SEASON - PLEASE ENQUIRE.
No additional cleaning charge, but we do appreciate the cottage being left in a clean and tidy condition.
Extras: Cleaning (Required, NZ$40.00 per stay); Linen (included);