Enjoy a 1950s experience 1 house back from Aldinga Beach with 2019 mod cons
All bedrooms feature electric heating
Please ask the owner or check their rental agreement when booking the property.
Damage and Incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
The area surrounding the ReTrO Shack is a quiet and peaceful allowing you to hear the surf when it's up.
Aldinga Beach is a 45 minute drive from central Adelaide via the no cost southern expressway and 40 minutes drive from Adelaide Airport and offers easy access to the abundant variety of attractions available within the Fleurieu Peninsula region.
• short wander to the beach
• 500m south to Aldinga Bay Cafe and Breeze Cafe
• 600m north to Jimmies Takeaway
• 600m north to playground with BBQ and toilets
• 2km (2 min) to the famous drive on beach voted 2013 best beach in SA
• 3km (3 min) to Port Willunga beach featuring the Star of Greece Cafe
• 10km (10 min) to Willunga featuring the weekend Farmers & Artisans Markets and plenty of lovely eateries.
• 12km (12 min) to Sellicks Beach featuring the renowned Victory Hotel
• 15km (15 min) to the premier food and wine district of McLaren Vale featuring 60+ wineries & gourmet eateries.
• 35km (30 min) to Carrickalinga & Normanville Jetty
• 47km (40 min) scenic drive to Victor Harbor
• 60km (50 min) to Rapid Bay featuring the recently re-opened jetty
• Numerous weekend markets at Myponga (15km), Yankalilla (30km), Inman Valley(45km), Goolwa (45km) & Victor Harbor (47km)
Don't pay for your booking outside our website or app.
About John Gosbell
I'm a big fan of the 50s era and one day hope to own a finned 1959 Cadillac and to visit Palm Springs USA.
John Gosbell purchased this House in 2008
Why John Gosbell chose Aldinga Beach
My wife Emma and I have been running the ReTrO Shack since 2008 and enjoy providing guests with a unique retro experience in a genuine 1955 shack (not many left any more due to 'progress').
What makes this House unique
Take a step back in time and soak up the 1950s vibes complete with genuine 1950s furnishings in a 1955 constructed Aussie Beach shack. only 1 house back from the beach. Time stands still @ The ReTrO Shack. The 60 in 1 full sized stand up Arcade machine featuring Pacman, Frogger, Space invaders and more is a well loved feature that has been enjoyed by many guests.