Come and stay in our Historic Stables. Located at the back of Talisman Nursery in a tranquil setting amongst mature trees.
Built, in the early 1920's with locally made bricks. It was used to house draught horses and equipment, as part of the Mangahao – Haywards power reticulation scheme. The Stables were converted into a beautiful cottage during the late 1980’s with the renovation work being done by a conservation architect.
The Stables sleep up to 3 adults, but is ideal as a nice cosy retreat for a couple. Spend a weekend relaxing and re-energising in our self catering Stables. Enjoy walks in the nearby Otaki Forks, or along the beautiful Kapiti Beaches. Other local attractions include; Otaki’s many outlet stores, local restaurants and cafes, the Otaki Maori Racecourse and Otaki Golf Club.
Alternatively combine a relaxing stay with garden planning. Bring your garden plans and ideas and receive a free consultation with Stephen. View our mature native plants in our arboretum and our wide selection of plants for sale. See our website for a plant list.
- $30 surcharge for single night stays.
- Minimum 2 nights stay for long weekends and between 15th Dec to 31st Jan
- Weekend rate applies to Eve of all public holidays
- Single bed made upon request
- NO SMOKING inside or anywhere on the property
- NO Pets
- NOT SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN.
- There is no TV reception at the Stables. A DVD player and some DVDs are provided.
- Phone coverage usually 2-3 bars for most providers.
- If you do not get a reply to your booking request within 2 days please either re-request the dates or contact us through the Talisman Nursery website.
Extras: Linen - sheets, towels and tea towels (included); Firewood provided Easter - Labour Weekend (included); NOTE: Under Kiwi bach tradition you are expected to: Leave the house tidy and do the dishes before you leave.